Skip to main content

Women at the well

   
   Last night at church women of the well came and shared their testimonies with all of us.  It was such a blessing to hear what God can do and is doing everyday. For those that don't know what women at the well is it is a nonprofit group that helps women get out of bad situation by showing God's great love. They pour into these women God's love in many different ways. Help with addiction, abuse, anxiety, and others things. All these women felt like they had no hope but, then God helped them to see that they needed Him and they took that leap of faith to Him. 
   There is a story in the Bible about a woman at the well. It talks about this woman that came to the well at mid day to get her water. Coming mid day was the hottest part of day. She would come when no one else would come to the well. No one wanted to be around her because they knew what kinda person she was. She was one that had lost in 5 marriages and then started stealing someone else's husband. But Jesus came to the well that day. He was weary from all he had done that day and his journey. That show's he was fully human. The disciples had gone to find some food. So it was just the woman and Jesus at the well. He knew her need. He asked her for a drink from the well. Jews did not ask for anything from Samaritans back then let alone even want to be around them. She didn't have nothing to give Him a drink with. Nothing to offer. There conversation goes on and he says to her if you knew who I was you would be asking a drink from me. He talks to her about living water that makes her thirst no more. She seen that he was something special.  For he knew all about her and still wanted to offer her living water, which is eternal life in heaven.  Jesus reviled himself to her who he really was, Lord and Savior. The disciples came at this time seeing how he talked with this woman and loved unconditionally. They marvelled that he would even talk with her. They didn't interrupt though. The woman was so amazed at what Jesus did in her life she left her water pot and, went straight to tell all the people about Jesus.  After she had left to tell everyone the disciples went to give Him food but, he wasn't worried about eating. He knew all those people she had told would be coming to see him and, he was ready to lay his needs aside to help and love all that needed Him. 
      He is still willing and able to help all those who seek Him today. Thank God for His grace and mercy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why me?

Sometimes I ask God why me? Why do I have to go through this hard trail or task. Why did I lose two babies. Why did my brother have to leave this world so soon. In my mind I just couldn't understand it. I had always planned on taking care of Josh when my parents couldn't anymore. When I lost the first baby the doctors told me that the life just wasn't able to make it outside of the womb. That it probably had some sort of disability. In my mind though I knew I had what it took to take care of someone with a disability though. Which is love. God knows my heart and how much I love my brother and my babies. That didn't slip his mind. Even though I doubted Him on this. It's hard to trust God when you have a broken heart. But his ways are bigger than ours. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-...

Going through a phase.

   When I was 8 months pregnant with Ozella everything was hard. I had every problem that I had before with Luke, the shots I had to take once a week, keeping check on my diabetes, sickness, and soreness. I also had my hips pop out of place. Which was horrible pain. Getting up and down was almost impossible. I had to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Just so I could walk.   During this time Justin had been selected to become a Chief in the Navy. This process is a very trying time for those that go through this. They have to go through very many physical, emotional, and intellectual tests for a month. Day and night they work so so hard. Justin did such a great job on everything he had to accomplish during this time. He is such a inspiration to me. Me on the other hand, I was so nervous and scared to start the whole process. I knew this meant i would really have to step up at the house and make sure everything was taken care of while he had to go through all of this....

The Lord knows how to lead.

When i have a longing for God and His ways, but don't know how to take the next step for my life. That's when God steps in and leads if I look for his ways.     There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though.  Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.  Shortly after reading that I was asked ...