When i have a longing for God and His ways, but don't know how to take the next step for my life. That's when God steps in and leads if I look for his ways.
There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though. Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.
Shortly after reading that I was asked by one of my friends from Mississippi to go to BSF (Bible study fellowship) with her. I was nervous about the situation. I wanted to go to the study class but, I didn't want to just send my kids in their little Bible study class without me. I didn't know any of these people. I had never left my kids with anyone except family and a few close friends. So I was so nervous. My friend had to ask me a few times before I finally decided to at least go see what it was like. When I got there I went to the class where the kids would be. The teachers showed me the class and then tried sending me on to my class. Well I started crying right there in front of everyone. I explained to them how I had never really left the kids with anyone before. I explained to them how hard it was for me. And they was so good to me. They prayed with me right then and there. That pray really touched my soul. They told me I could stay in the class and see how things go. So I did. I felt silly but I stayed anyways. The whole class was very organized and planned. All the kids really enjoyed it. The ones that had a hard time being away from their mom they was so good to as well. They had people in the children's classes specifically praying for the upset kids and hold and comfort them. Of course if that didn't work they would get their mom out of class. I could really see all the children enjoying themselves in class. These women really make a difference in the kids and the mother's life as well. If it wasn't for them I never would have gotten to dig and search in God's word with a wonderful group of women. Those 2 years I was able to attend was exactly what I needed to grow my walk with the Lord even more. If you are looking for a wonderful Bible study group I know that there is BSF all over the USA. Look them up they are wonderful and Free.
I had a void that only God could feel. And when I earnestly search for Him he can be found. He will make a way. He loves us all, and wants the best for our lives. There is a void in all of us that can only be filled by God. We was made that way so we can have a wonderful relationship with Him. Pray, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible is the best tools gave to us to have a wonderful relationship with Him. Most importantly Jesus gave it all so we can have that life God wants for us if we repent and believe in Jesus. Jesus didn't have to come to this world and live and die then rise from the dead for us. He chose to cause he loves us. You are important to Him.
There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though. Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.
Shortly after reading that I was asked by one of my friends from Mississippi to go to BSF (Bible study fellowship) with her. I was nervous about the situation. I wanted to go to the study class but, I didn't want to just send my kids in their little Bible study class without me. I didn't know any of these people. I had never left my kids with anyone except family and a few close friends. So I was so nervous. My friend had to ask me a few times before I finally decided to at least go see what it was like. When I got there I went to the class where the kids would be. The teachers showed me the class and then tried sending me on to my class. Well I started crying right there in front of everyone. I explained to them how I had never really left the kids with anyone before. I explained to them how hard it was for me. And they was so good to me. They prayed with me right then and there. That pray really touched my soul. They told me I could stay in the class and see how things go. So I did. I felt silly but I stayed anyways. The whole class was very organized and planned. All the kids really enjoyed it. The ones that had a hard time being away from their mom they was so good to as well. They had people in the children's classes specifically praying for the upset kids and hold and comfort them. Of course if that didn't work they would get their mom out of class. I could really see all the children enjoying themselves in class. These women really make a difference in the kids and the mother's life as well. If it wasn't for them I never would have gotten to dig and search in God's word with a wonderful group of women. Those 2 years I was able to attend was exactly what I needed to grow my walk with the Lord even more. If you are looking for a wonderful Bible study group I know that there is BSF all over the USA. Look them up they are wonderful and Free.
I had a void that only God could feel. And when I earnestly search for Him he can be found. He will make a way. He loves us all, and wants the best for our lives. There is a void in all of us that can only be filled by God. We was made that way so we can have a wonderful relationship with Him. Pray, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible is the best tools gave to us to have a wonderful relationship with Him. Most importantly Jesus gave it all so we can have that life God wants for us if we repent and believe in Jesus. Jesus didn't have to come to this world and live and die then rise from the dead for us. He chose to cause he loves us. You are important to Him.
Comments
Post a Comment