Skip to main content

Going through a phase.

   When I was 8 months pregnant with Ozella everything was hard. I had every problem that I had before with Luke, the shots I had to take once a week, keeping check on my diabetes, sickness, and soreness. I also had my hips pop out of place. Which was horrible pain. Getting up and down was almost impossible. I had to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Just so I could walk.

  During this time Justin had been selected to become a Chief in the Navy. This process is a very trying time for those that go through this. They have to go through very many physical, emotional, and intellectual tests for a month. Day and night they work so so hard. Justin did such a great job on everything he had to accomplish during this time. He is such a inspiration to me. Me on the other hand, I was so nervous and scared to start the whole process. I knew this meant i would really have to step up at the house and make sure everything was taken care of while he had to go through all of this. Justin didn't push all this on me. I just wanted to do everything I could to make it better for us as a family. There was times he had to work all night and go straight to work in the morning. No sleep in between.  At 8 months pregnant all I wanted to do was rest up and sit on the couch cause I didn't feel good.  But God stepped in for me once again through all this. He gave me all the strength I needed through this. Physical, emotionally, and spiritually. My hips got better during this time. I wasn't that tired through the day and night. It wasn't cause I got more rest, cause I didn't. It was just God giving me strength.  Also I am so thankful for all those that prayed for us during this time. I could feel the prayers a coming. I realized right then and there that I could do ANYTHING with the Lord's help, cause that wasn't easy. That was a trying time for me and God showed me that he is able to give me strength when I seek him. That trail gave me strength for the future. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why me?

Sometimes I ask God why me? Why do I have to go through this hard trail or task. Why did I lose two babies. Why did my brother have to leave this world so soon. In my mind I just couldn't understand it. I had always planned on taking care of Josh when my parents couldn't anymore. When I lost the first baby the doctors told me that the life just wasn't able to make it outside of the womb. That it probably had some sort of disability. In my mind though I knew I had what it took to take care of someone with a disability though. Which is love. God knows my heart and how much I love my brother and my babies. That didn't slip his mind. Even though I doubted Him on this. It's hard to trust God when you have a broken heart. But his ways are bigger than ours. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-...

The Lord knows how to lead.

When i have a longing for God and His ways, but don't know how to take the next step for my life. That's when God steps in and leads if I look for his ways.     There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though.  Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.  Shortly after reading that I was asked ...