Skip to main content

When I didn't want to take care of myself, but God did.

A good line from Tom Hanks. life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

When I became pregnant with Luke I had many complications. I had to take a baby aspirin a day, cause I found out I have a blood clotting disorder. At 20 weeks I had to start taking shots once a week just to try to go full term with him (Joslynn came 6 weeks early). Then here comes the horrible glucose test. Failed it because of the shots I had to take and my eating habits were awful.  Pregnancy is not my friend. I was sick for quite a while, Hurt, ect... The list could go on. Back to when I failed the glucose test.

Failing that test at the time seemed like one of the worst things for me. I eat like a child. I have literally lived off of chicken nuggets. I could eat them every day. I didn't even eat a hamburger till I married Justin. Bread and sweets was my best friend. I  love junk food. So when I failed that test my first thought is what am I going to eat? I didn't like any green veggies at all. Didn't hardly eat anything that was healthy.  I cried and cried over this. So anyways, the Lord knows how to get to my heart. My kids. I would do anything for them. Even eat a salad. I knew I had to do it for Luke or he would struggle with diabetes. I didn't want that. 

On a side note. When I became pregnant with Luke I prayed and prayed to God. Begging him to let me keep him. I told the Lord if he let me keep him that I would raise my kids in church and more importantly point them to Him.  I had two miscarriages before I had Luke. So I was scared of losing him. But God keeps his promises. Even when I didn't always load the kids up to church every time the doors was open. God sees my heart. He knows my weaknesses.  He knew I would have trouble at times keeping my end of the bargain up. I am weak, I make mistakes, but God doesn't. 

Now back to the gestational diabetes. I really hated all of it. As time went on though I learned to like it. Keeping track of how I was feeling. Being careful on how much I put in my body and what I put in my body truly helped me. Getting gestational diabetes changed me. It helped me to like healthy food. It has helped me to stay on the right track for myself. Now I don't always do that. Food is the sin I struggle with daily. Sometimes I do great. Other days not so much. That's my own fault when I don't trust that the Lord can help me or I just don't want to flat out listen. Say a prayer for me. I wish I didn't love junk so much. Really though I am thankful that I got gestational diabetes. It has helped me to want to do better for myself. Also when I was pregnant with Ozella if I hadn't been eating right with her I probably couldn't have walked at all with her. My joints produce to much hormone called relaxin. It makes all your joints loosen up to have a baby. Mine however loosened to much. My hips would pop out of place all the time. If I had been much heavier I really don't think I would have been able to walk. Somedays was really hard for me to even get up and down. So I am thankful for the trials I have went through. No I don't like it when I am going through them. Yes I complain and lack faith at times. But when it is said and done. I see once again how God saved me from myself (which he does often) I am thankful for the trails. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. I Thank the good Lord for being patient and loving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why me?

Sometimes I ask God why me? Why do I have to go through this hard trail or task. Why did I lose two babies. Why did my brother have to leave this world so soon. In my mind I just couldn't understand it. I had always planned on taking care of Josh when my parents couldn't anymore. When I lost the first baby the doctors told me that the life just wasn't able to make it outside of the womb. That it probably had some sort of disability. In my mind though I knew I had what it took to take care of someone with a disability though. Which is love. God knows my heart and how much I love my brother and my babies. That didn't slip his mind. Even though I doubted Him on this. It's hard to trust God when you have a broken heart. But his ways are bigger than ours. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-...

Going through a phase.

   When I was 8 months pregnant with Ozella everything was hard. I had every problem that I had before with Luke, the shots I had to take once a week, keeping check on my diabetes, sickness, and soreness. I also had my hips pop out of place. Which was horrible pain. Getting up and down was almost impossible. I had to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Just so I could walk.   During this time Justin had been selected to become a Chief in the Navy. This process is a very trying time for those that go through this. They have to go through very many physical, emotional, and intellectual tests for a month. Day and night they work so so hard. Justin did such a great job on everything he had to accomplish during this time. He is such a inspiration to me. Me on the other hand, I was so nervous and scared to start the whole process. I knew this meant i would really have to step up at the house and make sure everything was taken care of while he had to go through all of this....

The Lord knows how to lead.

When i have a longing for God and His ways, but don't know how to take the next step for my life. That's when God steps in and leads if I look for his ways.     There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though.  Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.  Shortly after reading that I was asked ...