Skip to main content

Don't sleep through a blessing

  God has gave me opportunity after opportunity.  Sometimes I received blessings, and sometimes I missed out on those blessings, cause I didn't abide in his will.  Even after I really realized God's love and wisdom and strength.  I still didn't always put my trust in him.

 There was a time that I lived on melatonin. Took it every night before bedtime so I could sleep.  Now I am not judging anyone that takes it, or other sleeping aids.  The thing is God wanted me to stop taking it.  He had been laying it on my mind, and my heart to stop, but I wouldn't stop.  I didn't trust that he could help me.  Especially when he was asking me to stop.

  Sleep is something I really love to do and we all need it.  Wanting to get a good night's rest isn't a sin, but I was putting my sleep before God.  Which is a sin.  no matter how big, or small a sin seems in human eyes a sin is a sin to God.  I was telling myself that it wasn't no big deal.  That I needed it.  In reality we all do need sleep but, I didn't want to take some of that time for God.  Didn't want to say a prayer before bed. Didn't take time to read my Bible. Didn't want to feel any conviction.  When God wants something for our lives he lets us know.

  When I finally gave it up God gave me more.  More peace and more rest.  when I started taking time to pray and read my Bible before bed, that alone has been a blessing.  I am building a real relationship with God when I pray and read the Bible.

  also in the middle of the night God has placed people on my mind to pray for them.  Some people I see on a regular basis, and some people I haven't seen in years.  Sometimes I have known what is going on in that person's life.  Sometimes I didn't.  It doesn't matter what I see though. God sees it all.  He knew that those people need prayers. Not that anything I say or do makes a difference, but God wants us to pray for others and to help others and to point them to him. It's hard to make it in this world especially when we don't look to the Lord. He knows what we need and when we need it. He loves us all, and wants the best for our lives.  Trusting him won't lead you on the wrong path.  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why me?

Sometimes I ask God why me? Why do I have to go through this hard trail or task. Why did I lose two babies. Why did my brother have to leave this world so soon. In my mind I just couldn't understand it. I had always planned on taking care of Josh when my parents couldn't anymore. When I lost the first baby the doctors told me that the life just wasn't able to make it outside of the womb. That it probably had some sort of disability. In my mind though I knew I had what it took to take care of someone with a disability though. Which is love. God knows my heart and how much I love my brother and my babies. That didn't slip his mind. Even though I doubted Him on this. It's hard to trust God when you have a broken heart. But his ways are bigger than ours. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-...

Going through a phase.

   When I was 8 months pregnant with Ozella everything was hard. I had every problem that I had before with Luke, the shots I had to take once a week, keeping check on my diabetes, sickness, and soreness. I also had my hips pop out of place. Which was horrible pain. Getting up and down was almost impossible. I had to go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Just so I could walk.   During this time Justin had been selected to become a Chief in the Navy. This process is a very trying time for those that go through this. They have to go through very many physical, emotional, and intellectual tests for a month. Day and night they work so so hard. Justin did such a great job on everything he had to accomplish during this time. He is such a inspiration to me. Me on the other hand, I was so nervous and scared to start the whole process. I knew this meant i would really have to step up at the house and make sure everything was taken care of while he had to go through all of this....

The Lord knows how to lead.

When i have a longing for God and His ways, but don't know how to take the next step for my life. That's when God steps in and leads if I look for his ways.     There is a book called Fervent written by Priscilla Shirer. It has helped me grow so close to God. It's a book about prayer. Now God knows my heart and what I want out of this life. And He knows my prayers even when I can't put words together cause of a broken heart or just not knowing how to deal with certain situations. He knows. This book really lays out how to pray to God though.  Fervent means having or displaying passionate intensity. When I pray fervently in prayer I can see things change. My whole relationship with God changed. I am truly so thankful for this book. I have been seeing myself change and growing closer to God. I have been seeing prayers answered. God is good and wants to lead in the right direction. It just takes a listening and willing heart.  Shortly after reading that I was asked ...